Expanding to meet market demand
With a commitment to meeting the growing demand for stainless and steel wire rope across Australia, Arcus Wire Group has relocated the Queensland office from Burleigh Heads to a larger office and warehouse facility at 9 Keller Crescent, Carrara.
Now with over 550m2 of Factory floor space and more than 700m2 of hardstand space, Arcus Wire Group has the capacity to deliver the full range of stainless and wire rope manufacturing projects for customers across Australasia. The increased capacity in Queensland enables Arcus Wire Group to manufacture, test and supply wire rope assemblies from 0.8mm – 40mm. Our ability to supply and manufacture large stainless cable assemblies that require preload and install loads is unrivalled in Australia.
The investment in a larger facility has enabled Arcus Wire Group to make a significant investment in additional inventory holdings and manufacturing equipment.
Increased Inventory Holdings
As of January 2020, all existing stock levels of hamma X, hamma Pro wire ropes and stainless-steel fittings including hamma Regatta and hamma Industrial have been increased to meet growing demand in the industrial, marine and architectural markets. Photos below show a selection of inventory holdings in the new Queensland facility including our market leading hamma brand.
The new Carrara facility is now fully equipped with state-of-the-art manufacturing equipment including:
- 150t Test Bed – for all testing, pre-stretching and destruction of fittings and assemblies (see below photos);
- Wireteknik A500 – for terminal swaging of fittings >40mm;
- Wireteknik A100 – for terminal swaging of fittings <5mm;
- Wireteknik A270 – for terminal swaging of fittings <12mm;
- Wireteknik A350 – for terminal swaging of fittings <16mm;
- Wireteknik A400 – for terminal swaging of fittings <28mm;
- Sahm 150t Column Swaging Press – for ferrule swaging >16mm;
- SAHM Splice 25t Electro-Hydraulic – for ferrule swaging <6mm and
- 3D Printing Machine – for prototypes and physical samples.
CEO David Sheedy said that the stainless and steel wire rope market in Australia was undergoing a growth phase and it was therefore to expand the Queensland operations.
"We’ve supplied stainless and steel wire rope to the Australian industry for over 55 years. Our move to a larger facility in Queensland means not only improved delivery and service to the local market but when combined with our investment in inventory and new machinery it ensures our customers that they can count on Arcus Wire Group for reliable stainless steel wire rope solutions”, said David.
Arcus Wire Group offers shipment from either Banksmeadow, New South Wales or Carrara, Queensland providing customers efficiencies in cost and time.
To find out more contact Arcus Wire Group on 1800 ARCUSW (1800 272 879) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Arcus Wire Group Sponsors Lisa Blair
- Welcome to our new Website
- Lisa Blair Update
- NEWS NEWS NEWS - "AWG Go Au Natural!"